PARADE ENTRY FORM – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who doesn’t love a parade? Especially a sparkly, musical, sugary Christmas Parade?! Nearly 100 floats, marching bands, decorated cars, scouts, dogs, choirs and kids take part each year in this extra-special event – each covered with bright Christmas lights!
This year’s theme, “Twas the Lights Before Christmas” will get everyone in the holiday spirit!
Volunteers are needed to serve as “street guards,” keeping spectators safe. This volunteer opportunity is best suited for older teens and adults.
Volunteers should meet at the Main Street Rogers office (113 N. Fourth St. behind the Chamber of Commerce) between 6:15-6:30 p.m. to receive an orange vest and their location assignment. Volunteers will need to be at their assigned location at 6:45 p.m. and remain there until the final float has passed, generally around 8:30 p.m.
Volunteers are asked to dress for the weather, which is traditionally a little chilly – especially as this is a night parade!
Line-up & Parade Guidelines
Theme: ” Twas the Lights before Christmas” Start time: 7:00 p.m.
Please read the following parade guidelines prior to submitting your application and payment. Signature on the application indicates you and all participants in the parade entry understand and agree to follow the guidelines.
- The parade entry fee is $20. All bands are free. Entry must be submitted with a completed and signed Parade Application by November 25 to the Main Street Rogers, Inc. office, located at 113 N. 4th Street., Rogers, AR 72756. Application fee is non- refundable.
- No entry will be allowed in the parade line-up without the completed application. Parade is limited to 100 approved entries.
- Float/entry must adhere to the application description, be entertaining to all ages, decorated in festive and fun holiday style in keeping with the parade theme. Business/corporate vehicles without holiday themed decorations will not be allowed.
- Parade units must select one person to be their Parade Team Leader. Parade Team Leader will be the primary contact person for the parade unit before, during and after the parade and should be the only person contacting Main Street Rogers with questions to communicate back to parade team. Parade leaders must attend a participants meeting held Nov. 30th, at 5:30 pm, at the Rogers City Hall.
- Parade Team Leader should provide clear and specific arrangements for drop off and pick up before and after the parade.
- Parade entries will be judged with the following criteria:
- non – Float (Marching/Walking groups, cars and bands).
Judges will also be looking for adherence to the theme; creativity; innovative use of materials; craftsmanship. All judging will occur during the parade itself. Judges will be selected/ solicited by Main Street Rogers and are volunteers. All judges’ decisions will be made independent of outside influence and are deemed final. Decisions will be posted on the Main Street Rogers website and distributed to the news media when available.
- Due to overhead electrical wires and obstructions on the parade route, floats and entries cannot exceed the 14 ft. height limit from ground to top of float.
- Drivers of floats or vehicles: must be over the age of 18, must be fully insured to drive the parade vehicle, and must provide a copy of current driver’s license and proof of insurance to Main Street Rogers, Inc. Those documents must be submitted by Nov. 25, 2015 to the MSR office and drivers must have them available upon arrival at parade check-in to show parade officials.
- Signs designating the name of the group should be placed on both sides of each float or in front of each walking group.
- Candy, toys and trinkets are allowed to be handed out; not thrown. Items must be listed on application for approval.
- All children under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult.
- Children under 5 years old, not directly accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian, will not be allowed to participate in the parade.
- Only the official parade Santa Claus will be allowed in the parade. No other live Santa Claus characters will be allowed to participate in the event.
- All animals must be leashed and/or harnessed, under close supervision at all times and must be cleaned up after immediately throughout the parade route. CLEAN UP IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ENTRANT.
- Distribution of pamphlets, newsletters, and other documentation is not allowed during the parade, on the parade route or the parade assembly area.
PARADE FLOAT DÉCOR SUGGESTIONS
- Pajamas/ Bedtime
- Bags of gifts
- Oversized candy
- All walking/marching units will turn left (south) on Sixth Street to the Tillery Elementary School playground to disband. Parents/guardians will be able to pick up their children at this location.
- All vehicles will turn left (south) on Seventh Street and proceed to the Rogers Heritage High parking lot for disbandment.
- For safety purposes, do not allow any person to leave your float/vehicle until you reach the Rogers Heritage High parking lot.
Judges will select four first place winners in the following categories. Winners will receive $100 prize!
- SEASONAL SPARKLES Award – The entry that presents an outstanding display of lights and/or other
type of illumination.
- SUGAR PLUM Award – An outstanding entry featuring children as part of the entry.
- HOLY Award – An outstanding entry that illustrates a religious theme.
- AROSE A CLATTER Award – This award is given to the overall outstanding entry illustrating the parade theme: “Twas the Lights Before Christmas.”